Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Kid Rock should be labelled under "Adult"

From the World Net Daily: Kid Rock, the vulgar rock-rapper who initially had been lined up to headline the youth concert next week as part of the inauguration festivities for President Bush, will not be apppearing after all.
---
I'll be honest-- I'm glad Kid Rock isn't playing at the inauguration. I know there is some debate as to adding entertainers to the venue that will show a youth culture that the Bush Administration is relevant. But it would have been a hypocritical move to book Kid Rock after standing on a platform for "family-friendly" policies and standards.

I'm sure someone on the inauguration committee is sweating a bit now that there has been a public backlash from the righter side of the Republican supporters. But the media would have had a hayday reporting all the past lyrics of Kid Rock as he stood on the stage at the inauguration.

Of all the entertainers out there...and none are perfect....Kid Rock was a poor choice for this event. Read the entire story I've linked to. He has some really bad stuff out there.

You may throw me in the pit with all the other family-friendly organizations that screamed about this Kid Rock thing. But I'd rather be in a pit with ultra conservatives than sitting on my couch watching the Bush Administration identifying itself with Kid Rock and his sexually explicit lyrics.

Let the Truth be Told....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?