Wednesday, August 31, 2005

fortunate...retreat....rest

I woke up this morning a little late. I slept in...and it felt good. Then I went downstairs to take a shower. And usually, before hitting the shower, I'll turn on some cable news (I only get CNN and MSNBC....yuck) to see what's the latest in our world. Today, like the last few days, it was more Katrina coverage.

I realized that 15,000 people were still in the Superdome. No power, no air conditioning, no toilets, no beds...just stuck there. And the best case scenario is that they will get bussed to the Astrodome in Houston in a few days. And that will be their home for who knows how long.

I felt fortunate. And then...my emotions and ponderings became blurry. I have a tough time knowing how to feel about the hurricane. I feel horrible. I feel blessed. I feel sorry. I feel like I'm not affected. I feel like I should be. I feel like it's just a news story. I feel like it's more than a news story. In the end...I feel fortunate.

---

I leave for a youth pastor's retreat Thursday-Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. (Except for the golf part.) I like hanging out with people who completely understand what I do everday. It's nice to share concerns, complaints, and ideas. But most of all, it's nice to just strengthen those relationships.

---

I leave for vacation as soon as I get back from the retreat. Nice scheduling, huh? I thought so. Anyway, as I head to a lake with in-laws and outlaws, I am looking forward to some rest, hanging with family I don't get to see very often, and playing with my sons in the pool. (I have to golf there too.)

That said...blogging will be on vacation too for a week and a half. Unless I feel inspired on vacation and find some internet access.

Comments:
you have such a tough job
 
yes. Underscore fortunate.
 
even though this has nothing to do with your blog, i just wanted to say "hi". and thanks for talking to Pastor T.J.
can't wait to see you all at convention this fall!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?